Monday, May 31, 2010

Julian Rouas Paris Backpage


When I discovered that the perfume I was about to review had a ginormous price tag of $1,500... I nearly had a heart attack. Especially seeing how my mom picked this bottle up for only $1.00. Yep, $1.00 for a $1,500 bottle of perfume.

It pays to shop at thrift stores girls! So nyah to everyone who judged me based on my thrift store purchases.

For $1.00 approximately one week ago my mom walked out of our local thrift store with a pretty bottle of perfume. Today while looking for pricing information and availability of this perfume, I realized what she had found was more than what we could of ever imagined.

A 0.5 ounce bottle of Donna Karan Chaos. It turns out DKNY Chaos is a rare, highly sought after, discontinued, expensive fragrance. Who knew?!

Appearance:

The 0.5 ounce bottle is probably the most unique thing about it, and with momma Dukes being a collector of crystal, she bought it for it's appearance. Who would of thought at the time that her $1.00 find was seriously a down payment on a car?! Woo-Hoo! The 0.5 ounce bottle comes in a perfume bottle made of Falcon Crystal. It is long, and narrow, and quite frankly the most beautiful bottle in her collection.

Due to it's narrow crystal slim cut, it cannot be placed upright. You can however leave it in the box, or place it down.

The Scent:

Now when I first inhaled DKNY Chaos, I was not very impressed. To me Chaos smelled like pencil shavings, and burnt wood. Chaos apparently is not for me. I love woody outdoor scents, but Chaos is too strong for my likings. It just reminds me of a lumber yard; for some this is a lovely fragrance...but me...meh.

After discovering that Chaos was so pricey, I tried giving it the benefit of the doubt. I mean hell, there has to be a reason it's so costly. After giving Chaos another try, (which was hard to do, seeing how every frigging spray shot cost nearly $70.00 or more per shot, considering 0.5 ounces does not get you far. However I had to try Chaos once more for this reviews sake).

A more elaborate summary of the rare Chaos scent:

For the first 2 hours I smelled like pencil shavings. However Donna Karan Chaos took on another mild scent the longer I wore it. I was now able to smell a more subtle amber scent, which was likable...but not worth $1,500!

As more time progressed the woodsy scent turned into a more subtle cedar mixed with musk. I actually began to like it more and more as the initial scent faded.

As I looked into Chaos even more, I learned that it contains the rare Agarwood as a fragrance note. Agarwood makes Chaos smell so darn woodsy. It comes from the Asian Aquilaria tree. Due to the low number of these trees, Agarwood is more rare, which makes it more expensive...which is why Donna Karan's Chaos is so highly sought after...yet discontinued.

Last:

DKNY Chaos stood with me for the entire day, and was still detectable into the night.

Pricing and Availability:

DKNY Chaos is very expensive, and only serious lovers of the scent would pay such a high price. The 0.5 ounce Falcon Crystal bottle of Chaos goes for around $1,500, or less on ebay. However I learned that larger bottle of Chaos sell for a bit less. I assume it is because the larger bottles are mode of glass, and not crystal. Either way though, Chaos; no matter what size bottle it comes in, asks for a hearty lump of cash.

For those interested in perhaps purchasing Chaos, click here.

Recommendation:

DKNY Chaos is expensive, for some worth the price tag. For me though...moms bottle is landing a spot on ebay. I find that the price is just too ridiculous for what you are actually getting.


chimney supply chimney supplies chimney cap chimney caps chimney liner chimney sweep brushes chimney sweep tools chimney sweep cost chimney sweep chimney sweeps chimney sweeper chimney sweeping sweeping chimney chimney cleaning chimney repair

No comments:

Post a Comment